Volunteering is a good way to add value to our communities and it helps us create social value.
There are also individual benefits to volunteering, here are some;
- It provides you with a sense of purpose and makes you realise that you are a part of something bigger than yourself.
- It allows you to join communities of similar minded people which makes you feel less alone.
- Community based volunteering enriches the mind, body and soul. It feels good!
- It helps with perspective and very often when people volunteer, they gain a sense of gratitude for their lives.
- Volunteering helps with learning new skills that you would otherwise not be exposed to.
I hope you start volunteering and reap these amazing benefits.